NEXT GENERATION POWER POD 2013
With the upgraded e-bikekit.com kit, the Power Pod leaps ahead in providing usable power to your existing handcycle
This is the new RoadRACE Power Pod.....!!! [PATENT PENDING]
- It attaches quickly and easily whenever you want and adds POWER to your hand-cycle.
- It turns hand-cycling into a fun, exciting activity while you continue to benefit from the exercise of a normal hand-cycle.
- You can keep up with able-bodied cyclists and enjoy powering up the hills.
- It makes you safer and more secure on the road knowing that you have power in reserve.
- The quick-release mechanism means you can use your hand-cycle with or without the power-pod in seconds.
- Loading and unloading for a ride is easy as you can load and unload the power-pod separately.
- You can still race your hand-cycle without the power-pod.
- NO MODIFICATIONS are made to your handcycle - no affect on resale values.
- It is a self contained motor and battery combination that is controlled using an electronic throttle control in front of the rider.
- It is used to assist the cyclist’s efforts whenever he or she needs chooses and is most useful on inclines, enabling the rider to power over the top of hills, rather than slug their way up them at walking pace.
- It allows the cyclist to have a more balanced and even work-out (rather than an all-or-nothing effort), it extends the average length of a ride at an increased speed and generally improved the enjoyment of riding a handcycle.
- Personally speaking, the Power Pod has transformed my usage and enjoyment of my handcycle. It has enabled me to ride at a level I have not enjoyed since before my spinal chord injury. I can now ride alongside other cyclists and ride on roads and inclines that I have previously avoided.
WATCH THIS DEMONSTRATION OF THE POWER POD BY KRIGE SCHABORT, WORLD CHAMPION AND OLYMPIC ATHLETE
Handcycles and hills don’t mix…!!!
Handcycles are great fun whizzing down a flat road, as they take advantage of their flat aerodynamic shape cutting through the air. However, as soon as they hit a hill, gravity has a major say in slowing down your fun. Whereas a normal cyclist has those two big thighs to power over hills, and the ability to really get out of the seat and apply all their bodyweight over the pedals; the poor handcylist has no such tricks up their sleeve. The handcyclists body weight becomes a hindrance, rather than a help, and those two biceps are worked to the absolute limit just to maintain forward motion. Of course, the elite handcyclists can manage such hills. But even an elite handcyclist can be beaten on a hill by a decidedly average regular cyclist. The RoadRACE Power-Pod sets out to flatten out these hills and even out the disparity between handcylists and their bicycling friends.
Is it cheating???
Well yes, if you are racing against someone! But if you are handcycling to gain exercise and enjoyment, then you will find that the RoadRACE Power-Pod manages to increase BOTH your exercise and your enjoyment. Because you are not hitting your “red-zone” and busting a gut on each and every incline, you will find you are able to stay out on the road for more hours. You will cover more miles and ride on roads you would not have tried otherwise.
The RoadRACE Power-Pod can be used as a very effective training aid. Time spent with the RoadRACE Power-Pod will result in longer rides, more miles, more exercise and a fitter, faster cyclist.
When it is time to race, simply release the Power-Pod, disconnect the throttle linkage and go race.